Friday, October 23, 2015

Ever wondered why your dating life hasn't worked out in the past? Time to reevaluate your approach to dating. I can help you.

This week we talked about what things attract us to each other as well as the different types of love out there. We also talked about misattribution of arousal and the research that has been done that shows cohabitation has negative consequences. I really liked going over the things that attract us to each other, believe it or not if you ask someone what makes someone attractive to them they have a hard time defining the attributes of someone, we most likely respond "you just know you are attracted to them". One thing about the information we covered this week that I felt really applied to my life was something I read in the book, "How to not marry a jerk". The author was talking about what causes us to form bonds with others and he called it the "RAM" model which is broken into five different categories, know, trust, rely, commit, touch. I had a realization that in my past relationships I have totally gone against this model and gotten close to someone in disproportionate areas of my life. I think my biggest take away from all that was discussed this week was that when you are dating you are setting the stage for how your marriage will eventually turn out. This was quite the important realization for me because it made me rethink my whole dating habits. I'm still thinking about how to change them so I'll have to get back with you on this topic some other time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment